Positive feedback for intoHistory
By Gery de Pierpont
intoHistory starts to get a place on the web
Developing a website such as intoHistory implies 1) to promote the “Staying in History” concept, 2) to convince the heritage accommodation owners to join the project and 3) to attract an increasingly broad audience of history travel buffs, at the same time. Three different jobs to run in parallel, each influencing the other. A challenging project, which will take several years to reach its cruising speed, given its qualitative and targeted approach to cultural tourism.
Where are we now, two and a half years after the launch of the site and its promotion to an ever growing circle of contacts? Some figures to measure the positive feedback:
- 91 historic accommodation sites online (+ 3 about to be published)
- 57 published articles + (58 in French)
- 8 videos published on YouTube (+ 10 in French)
- 146,000 sessions and 113,250 (unique) visitors since 01.01.2014
- 316,000 pages viewed (with an average reading time of 2.02 min./session)
- 2.16 pages/session
- 1,770 subscribers to the newsletter
- 12,625 followers on FaceBook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and StumbleUpon
- newsletter issued 14 times
These data are encouraging, and our future plans are promising, according to the positive feedback we get from history buffs, vintage housing owners and keys partners in cultural tourism. If you think this project deserves to reach a broader public, please help us promote it among your friends, encouraging them to sign up for the newsletter or to like it on social media (see hereunder), for example. Your support is precious!